Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ultrapure Ozone Generator

1. Back To Top    #1

Ultrapure Ozone Generator

My system is sucking in air at the flow meter. Is it worth the headache and money to replace this?

I have a 18000 gal pool, echotech ez variable speed pump, jandy cl 460 cart filters.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ultrapure Ozone Generator

The general feeling here is that Ozone or UV systems are not needed for the vast majority of outdoor residential pools. Some people claim we are anti ozone and anti UV around here, that is not the truth as they have their place, namely in high volume pools, some therapy pools and hot tubs, and some indoor pools, basically situations where there is a high bather to volume of water ratio combined with lack of natural UV from sunlight and elevated water temperatures.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with Isaac-1 assessment.

But here's a test you can do - shut the ozone system off or disconnect it and leave it that way for a few weeks. If there is no change to your normal chemical/pool maintenance (i.e., you can't tell the difference with it on or off), then you have your answer....
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm going to cap it off and disable it. It seems like everyone in AZ that has one, has also disabled or removed it.
    18000 gal pool, echotech ez variable speed pump, ultrapure ozone generator, Polaris caretaker pop ups and jandy cl460 cart filters.