Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what to treat first??

1. Back To Top    #1

Question what to treat first??

Hi!! My pool is out of whack! I just cleaned my salt cell last night because it was saying my salt was low. But after cleaning that light went off. I tested and my chlorine level is at 0 and my pH is at 8.4. Sooooo what do I treat first?! Also what is the best way to raise the chlorine?! We have the little floater but is that the most effective way to do it? I am starting to see little green spots on the bottom of my pool so I'm hoping if I fix the chlorine those will go away.

Thanks for the advice!
    Carrie

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: what to treat first??

Fix the pH first, lower it using Muriatic Acid, then use bleach to raise FC, please go to pool school to read about it and test for CYA, what test kit do you have?
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a pool master 5 way test kit. Ok so my pH was actually 8.2. I thought 8.4 was the highest. Ok so acid tonight.

Now off to pool school...thanks!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Good first step, read all, several times and don't hesitate to post questions...
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP

5. Back To Top    #5

You will find soon that you need a good test kit like TF -100, it's the one most people here use, oh and welcome to TFP!!!!

The corner stone of TFP