Finally started

D

Duc748l

Now that we finally started digging I have a couple questions. 1. What should I be looking for at this stage that may cause future problems? 2. Planning on using the bbb startup steps how much of each chemical should I purchase? Approximately 25,000 gallons.
20160817_153851.jpg

Attachments

• 20160817_154023.jpg
    20160817_154023.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 118
Congrats! Add your pool info to your sig so that we can better help you. More here on what to add and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

No need to buy anything until we see some test results. You will likely need some muriatic acid and you will need enough CYA/stabilizer to add 30 ppm. Use PoolMath to calculate how much. I get mine at Lowes. Do you have a good test kit yet? Pool School - Test Kits Compared. I use the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net because it is the best value.

More here, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

When they say they are done digging go measure it. Add about 8" (ask your PB to make sure) for the gunite and plaster.

Another thing I am going to start saying is:

Ask each sub to see the plans they are using for your pool. It seems as if there may be different plans if ANY changes were made from the first draw up. (I would get my hands on the old drawings and shred them if I could).

:hug:

Thanks pooldv & kimkats. Will be ordering a test kit this week and measuring the tap water I will be filing the pool with. From here I can use the poolmath to figure out quantities? I am also trying to decide between pentair filters quad de or a 320 cartridge any recommendations?

I would go with a bigger cartridge filter than 320. I have the 520 and I have to clean it 4-6 times per year because we have lots of trees. Looks like you have your share of trees too. Bigger is always better with filters, especially with trees dropping debris in the pool.

Ok here are some updated pictures and questions.
1. Putting in pentair magic laminar jets any heads up issues i should look for? 3 laminars on dedicated 3/4 hp with valves that control flow to each jet.
2. As per advice on this forum i have 3 @ 2hp fx pumps for the waterfalls that wrap around the back side of the pool. Is this enough? Plus when i upgraded the suction lines to 3 in. the plumber did not think upgrading the pumps to the fx series with the 3 in. inlets would make any difference. Am i right in assuming he is wrong?
3. Going to install the pentair screenlogic 2 system how well does this work?

Also upgraded filter to the 520 as well based on this awesome forum.

- - - Updated - - -

20160831_183846.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.