New pool and wrinkles in the liner

Aug 17, 2016
ontario
I am a new pool owner (installed 7 weeks ago) yesterday out of nowhere the liner was floating all over from bottom of the deep end to the top and had popped out from the track. Overnight the water seems to have gone however the liner has been left with several wrinkles.

I spoke to my pool contractor whom basically is not interested but the thing is he did not install any kind of drainage as he said it was not needed as we don't have a surface water issue. My two neighbours at the back who have pools do have drainage installed :confused:

I turned the pool temp up to 100 to try and get the wrinkles out using a brush but it didn't work.

Can anyone make any suggestions apart from draining the pool and restarting over and does anyone think this is a problem with the installation and my contractor should be sorting it out. I have had many issues with this guy over the last few months and have paid other contractors to correct some of his mistakes so am considering further action to get this sorted.

Welcome to TFP :)

If they did not install a sump pit your liner will do this every time water is above the liner.. if you drain and fix this time there is nothing stopping it from happening again... As far as getting the builder to fix it unless a sump pump was agreed to be installed and he did not install it there is no recourse.. it can be done now but it will most likely be on your dime... If it were me I would see if he would pay half of the sump pump install and you pay the other half :)

Liner installers here warrant their work for a year so look at your contract to see what warranty there is. While a groundwater event would make it float, it should not have come out of the track. I'd insist he install liner lock around the bead.

But preventatively speaking, he should have plumbed a sump drain if your neighbors are the same elevation and needed them. So I'm not entirely sure of your best long-term recourse. Talk to your neighbors and ask how often they have to pump.

Where abouts in Ontario are you? Clay base?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.