Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Premiere vs Dolphin Quantum?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Premiere vs Dolphin Quantum?

Hi everyone! I'm looking to purchase a robotic pool cleaner but confused on which model is maytronics newest and cleans better? I have a 6,000 gallon pool an saw on amazon premiere and quantum are 2016 models. Can someone tell me which model I should get that cleans better?

I also spoke to a sales rep at maytronics and they mentioned to me Premiere is the best choice
    6K Gallon Concrete Pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Premiere vs Dolphin Quantum?

Interested in this as well. Also, found both of these online where the seller claims to be an authorized seller and honors the warranty. Maybe this only applies to the Cayman and Premier and not the comparable 'S' series?? I have emailed Maytronics to see what they say about that online sale.
    20,500 gallon free form, 6X9 hot tub w/ spillover, 18" jumping platform w/ 3ft shear descent on chopped rock, Travertine coping, 2.5HP Hayward 2-speed filter pump, 525 Hayward Cartridge filter, 350K BTU Hayward NG Heater, 2HP Hayward water feature pump, Satin Matrix Northshore Carribbean, Jandy PDS-8 Controls

3. Back To Top    #3

Thrill,

I have the Premier, and while it works fine for me, it is worlds behind the newer Quantum. The Quantum is similar to all of the new Dolphins.. it has a much bigger basket, allows you to use both the screen filter and pleated filters at the same time, uses water jets to hold it to the wall, instead of a floating arm, has top loading basket, instead of a bottom basket, and ... I suspect there is more, but that is enough for me. The next robot I buy may not be the Quantum, but it will sure be that style of cleaner..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Thrill,

I have the Premier, and while it works fine for me, it is worlds behind the newer Quantum. The Quantum is similar to all of the new Dolphins.. it has a much bigger basket, allows you to use both the screen filter and pleated filters at the same time, uses water jets to hold it to the wall, instead of a floating arm, has top loading basket, instead of a bottom basket, and ... I suspect there is more, but that is enough for me. The next robot I buy may not be the Quantum, but it will sure be that style of cleaner..

Jim R.
    I would have to agree to the major points. Losing the float arm is an evolutionary step. The float arm can get wonky and if there's a less cumbersome way to achieve the same result then that's the way to go. As for the top-loading basket and its ease of cleaning. That should be the industry standard.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner