Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Watercolor LED Light Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Watercolor LED Light Problem

I have two large Jandy Watercolor LED 120V lights wired to a single simple switch. One of the lights works normally and the other one turns off every 15 minutes or so, and then comes back on after a few minutes. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Do you think I need to replace the light engine? That is a $500 to $600 item!
    14.5K gal, IG Plaster, Built 2011, 2 HP Variable Speed Jandy ePump, Jandy JS60-SM Sand Filter, Autopilot Dig-220 SWCG, Jandy Color LED Lights, Waterfall, Bubbles, Dolphin Nautilus Plus, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Jandy Watercolor LED Light Problem

I think it's likely the driver. Since it is such a large expense if you are willing to to a bit of work you could swap the drivers between the two lights assuming they are the same and see if the problem moves that should give you a definitive answer.

oh and welcome to the forum!
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy Watercolor LED Light Problem

Thanks for the welcome, atttech-2..

Good suggestion to swap the light drivers (I think they call them "light engine PCB's") to see if the problem follows. I suspect it will. I will need to pick up a couple of new gaskets for that as the manual says to never reuse a gasket after opening a light. That can't cost too much, can it?
    14.5K gal, IG Plaster, Built 2011, 2 HP Variable Speed Jandy ePump, Jandy JS60-SM Sand Filter, Autopilot Dig-220 SWCG, Jandy Color LED Lights, Waterfall, Bubbles, Dolphin Nautilus Plus, TF-100