Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool store products?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool store products?

Hi

before I discover this site y bought some products to clean my pool, the one that I haven't install yet because I still making my small patio, so my question is should I use them for this time or throw away $80 in products. If I use this product just this time how bad it will be?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x48 Summer Escape above the ground pool
    SF 70119 intex sand filter and pump
    6450 approx gal water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool store products?

The muriatic acid is very useful and is the best way to lower pH. Even though you probably paid more than you would have buying that product at a hardware store, it's very useful.

The ReFresh is a cal-hypo based shock product. This product will raise your FC and your CH. You can likely use it in your AG pool as long as your CH level is not high in your fill water or in your pool already. Prolonged used of cal-hypo products can lead to calcium scaling at the water line.

Clarifiers are not needed. Very rarely they can help to clear a pool that has poor filtration and needs help coagulating suspended materials in order to filter them out at the end of a SLAM procedure. Certainly not an item that I would use. Return that one if you can.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

What he said.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the advice, definitely won't be buying the products on a pool store again. Unfortunately I can't returned because I don't have de receipt because y throw it away because I not thinking I won't be using it. But I learn my lesson.
    18x48 Summer Escape above the ground pool
    SF 70119 intex sand filter and pump
    6450 approx gal water