OK lets first start by saying that I havent had any problems with Baquacil from the first time I started using it 4 years ago, its just to expensive and I like to be able to test the water and not take it to a place to get it done. That being said these were my first readings before the conversion. 25,000 gallon 30' above ground
Baquacil was 34ppm
ph was 7.7
baquacil shock and oxidizer was 0
total alk was 110
cal hard was 156
while talking to the pool rep he told me that the Baquacil was low enought to start the conversion and to add 2.5 pounds of chlorine in it. So I did and the water turned army green. I then did some research and found out that was normal. I read so many posts and came across one that stated to use a non chlorine oxidizer to help eliminate the Baquacil. So I added 10 lbs of that and got the water tested the following day. The time between these 2 tests are 3 days.
Baquacil is 0
ph is 7.5
baquacil shock and oxidizer is 16 (which I believe is due to the non chlrine oxidizer i put into the pool)
total alk is 102
cal hard is 141
after that test I started to add chlorine. I added 5 gallons and waited 24 hours.
I went to a local store today and bought a test kit that measures TC and FC as well as ph, bromine, total alk, and acid demand. the tests he did are as followed:
Now the guy there told me to add more of the non chlorine oxidizer due to a "chlorine lock" that was going on. so I added another 5 lbs of it just a few minutes ago. I guess what I need to know is does this sound like good advise or should I have just kept dumping chlorine into it until I get a good FC reading. Any other information will be appreciated as well.