How to set VSP pump speed schedule in iAqualink?

ChadJ

Jan 28, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
Hi all. New pool owner trying to find my way through the automation system. I can't seem to find where I can set the speed schedule in my iAqualink automation. I have a Jandy variable speed pump and would D like to run the pump faster at some times of day than others in a schedule automatically. I believe this is possible but am at a loss for how it's done. Guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

So the iAqualink system (well more the Aqualink) has a few quirks to understand to make the scheduling work. I initially configured some "one touch" functions to turn on my filter pump output and then select the speed. These worked fine from the iAqualink app and web site, but the scheduler cannot reliably display them through the configuration web interface. So whilst schedule operates as programmed you can't actually see what you programmed!

The way my schedule is set up now is that I have a schedule item for the filter pump that runs say between 10am and 2pm. When this activates it will turn on the filter pump power control & start the VS pump running at speed 1. I named this Normal speed in the speed setup page. To run the pump at a different speed, I've got another schedule item at say 11am - 12pm that actually selects the speed - "3k" in my case to run the pump at 3000rpm. This is achieved through adding a schedule item and selecting the "VSP1 spd adj" item from the list of schedule options. This takes you to another screen where you select the desired speed. Remember the speeds are configured through a the "VSP Setup" menu under "System Setup" menu.

Take care when configuring speeds as there are inherent links between the names associated with the 8 speed options for the VSP and other functions of the controller. eg Spillover, pool heat, spa heat etc. (At least that was my conclusion when I was playing around with my system - the documentation didn't make it very clear)

Hope the above helps. Let me know if you need more of a step by step guide, or give the Jandy help line a call - they will connect to your system at the same time as you and guide you through the process. I had to call them to understand a few strange things that my system was doing.

I only have a two speed pump so this might not be relevant. I run my pump on high for 12 hours, and low for 12 hours. Setting up the time for high was pretty straight forward, I just selected filter pump. But to get it to low speed, and I had to select both filter pump, and low speed(which was originally Aux 3 for me, before I renamed it) both on the same schedule slot. It's a clunky interface for sure, but it works. I did call Jandy for another matter on my lights, and they were very helpful. It was pretty cool how they could log in to your system and see what you had going on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.