New plaster/pebble startup

jfdub

Feb 23, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
Just got the pool filled a couple of weeks ago and the PB hasn't told me to do anything with chemicals. They added (I think - because I wasn't home at the time but saw the empty bottles) 2-3 gallons of MA once it was filled and not much more than that. t've been using the TFP method with liquid chlorine for FC and MA for PH but I'm stumped on the TA and CH. Here are my numbers:

FC: 3
CC: 0
PH 7.5
TA 150
CH 180
CYA >20

I've added 4 lbs. of stabilizer over the last week to raise the CYA to not much avail (CYA started at definite 0 and totally clear and now is at least cloudy at the 20 CYA reading although I can still see the dot). I know I need to get the TA down and CH up but not sure where to start. I've added MA throughout the couple of weeks when the PH rose to 8 and will try to keep PH as low as possible.

Since it's plaster should I start with CH? But because it's new is there any issues adding calcium chloride as it's probably still curing?

Thanks for any advice/help you can give!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.