Help me clear up my poor pool until my test kit arriv

PoolUmp

Silver Supporter
Aug 15, 2016
Bakersfield/CA
So, I did away with my pucks, powder, and phosphorus reducer, now (within 24 hrs) my pool is turning green, and I can't see the bottom. I'm sure it was coming anyway, but what can I do in the meantime? I got household bleach, added 2 bottles (121 oz). Is there a danger in overchlorinating if no one is going to swim? Pool party in 5 days!!! HELP!

as was said... a bottle per day, until your test kit gets there, and brush!
Don't forget to keep the pump running 24/7 ...
Like it or not, it sounds like you are into a SLAM
When you are looking at buying bleach, try to get the 8.25% "concentrated" one. You will use less of it than the 6% regular bleach.

Once you get your kit, post some numbers for us to look at, and we will advise from there.

Well how's it looking? It's been a few more days, still green? Still adding bleach and brushing and running your filter? Has your filter pressure gone up any (assuming pressure gauge is good)? Sorry we can't help more, without knowing your chemical levels we have no idea what you need to add (other than some bleach) given your pool party dead line. Have you gone rouge and added more than a bottle a day LOL?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.