Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with new pool.....

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with new pool.....

Well I know pool season is almost over, but after a few complications with the pool company, my pool is finally up. I couldn't get anyone to haultimate water in, so I had to fill with my well. Now I have a 24' x 52" red watered pool swamp. Where do I start? I refuse to buy from local pool store since the fiasco. Where is the best to purchase products? What should I be adding to get this water cleared up for maybe a few weeks of use? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Help with new pool.....

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here

Start by clicking the link below in my signature "Read Before Posting", and following the instructions there. This will help you get the best possible advice.

Next, read: Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

And: TFPC for Beginners (first two posts in that thread)

If you want to save time, order this right away:

Keep pump and filter running 24/7 to start cleaning the water. Sounds like you have iron as well, so do some searching in Pool School to learn more about it.

As soon as you get the sense of it all, you need some stabilizer and liquid chlorine in the pool, as soon as possible. You can get it at Walmart. Learn PoolMath (linked at the top of every page) to determine the quantities.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Help with new pool.....

More here on pool chems, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

I buy bleach at the grocery store, store brand. And CYA/stabilizer and muriatic acid at Lowes.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach