Saniclear 20 Controller and Saniclear 40 Cell

gmike09

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
I am thinking about upgrading the Saniclear 20 to the Saniclear 40. I cannot find any information on the difference between the Saniclear 20 and Saniclear 40 controller. I do know the Saniclear cell produces more chlorine. Both controllers look the exact same with the exact same connections and have the exact voltage and product the same current. If it helps the the product item number is 88-0 and the software revision is r8.80 which sounds like more of a generic after market controller. Can anyone with a saniclear 40 controller post what software revision they have? Also, is it possible to only upgrade the cell and not the controller?

Bumping this one. I have been searching the web, it sounds like a PCB with software revision number R8.80 is a basic after market control board for either Hayward or Goldline products. My cell and controller looks very similar to the Hayward Aqua rite with T-9 or T-15 cell. It has the exact same connection from cell to controller as well as the same options except for the selection of cell size. I am wondering if the Jacuzzi Saniclear line is a refurbished type of SWG of the Goldline or Hayward products due to the similarities. Does anyone know if that is true or does anyone know of anything related to revision number R8.80? If so, wouldn't it be possible to connect a Hayward cell to this controller?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.