Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: General Spa Question (not water chemistry related)

1. Back To Top    #1

Pittsburgh, PA

General Spa Question (not water chemistry related)

I inherited a small hot tub with the house I bought. Basic dimensional analysis says it is 250-300 gallon and a "5 person" by comparison shopping. I know the guy just got non-working ones from Craigslist and refurbed them; it's a hobby of his. So it's old but it works. But there is no air injection in the Jets. There is a spot near the control panel with a blank plug where the air controller should be. Maybe he didn't want to bother but I thought it would be nice to add. What do I need to figure out so I can add the proper Venturi valve or whatever I need for passive air injection?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: General Spa Question (not water chemistry related)

Welcome to TFP

Most just have 1/2 inch clear tubing connected into the return jets.. Hot Tub Spa Air Components -

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Re: General Spa Question (not water chemistry related)

You will find a lot of variation from model to model, and even year to year on these air induction systems, some have check valves to prevent backflow of water should jets be restricted (blocked), some have hartford loops, etc..
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~