Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy pool for the first time :-(

1. Back To Top    #1

Unhappy Cloudy pool for the first time :-(

Hello, Been a while since I have posted here but I need some help. I cant seem to figure out why my pool is cloudy. I have been using the trouble free pool methods since getting the pool last year. Here is how it started....

About a week and a half ago I blew a breaker while I was gone for the day and the pool got a green buildup on the bottom. I vacuumed and brushed the pool and after running the filter overnight the pool cleared up pretty good. Ever since then the pool has been steadily getting cloudier. All my levels are in check. FC=5 CC=0 Alk= 140 PH= 7.6 CH= 150 CYA=45
    I was thinking maybe my sand filter was channeled so I rinsed out the sand last night to reset the sand. After coming home from work today the pool is still cloudy. I have never needed to SLAM before. Do I need to even if my CC is 0 and FC is at a good level?
    15'x30' 54" deep Above Ground (Built July 2015)
    12,000 Gallons
    Ecco 22" Sand Filter
    Waterway 1.5HP pump model: SD-15-1N11CC
    Taylor k-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloudy pool for the first time :-(

Why not do an OCLT to see if you have an algae issue?
    Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cloudy pool for the first time :-(

Did OCLT 2 nights in a row. Less than .5 change for chlorine from night to morning. Last night before OCLT I upped my chlorine to 10 ppm. Today it looks like it may have started to clear up.
    If it is algae I don't understand why it wasn't using any chlorine up over night?