Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rain Rain Rain - SO....

1. Back To Top    #1

Rain Rain Rain - SO....

...What should I do about the chems? pumping water out every day. so far all is good but for the FAC which was low -2. I dumped some bleach in.
    The CH was 325
    CYA was 70
    TA was 90
    pH looked sky high but I want the husband to double check me. Is there another test that I can buy for testing? I hate the subjective what color do you think it is?

I feel like if I add anything it's almost a waste and it's gonna rain, I hear, for two weeks!

Advice, please.
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rain Rain Rain - SO....

DMS,

Well, rain or not, you need to keep your FC up. If I read signature correctly this is a Saltwater pool..

You need to target about 5 ppm if your CYA is 70. Are you saying you measured an FC of 2 or -2?

Seems like you need to adjust the % of SWG output up a little, or manually add chlorine,

Even with a lot of rain, I doubt it will have a major impact on your FC in a 19K pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Keep the chlorine in the correct range for your pool or it will go green on you, even with all the rain. I would bring the pH down too as it can cause problems if it is too high for too long. As for the rest of the values I would wait until we start to dry out a little before adjusting them.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't know where that - came from on the FAC. The chlorine was 4 five days ago and today 2. it just so irritates me. We seem to always go up and down. I put some chlorine in.
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Check your salt level, too.
    16K gallon IG exposed aggregate pool with Aquarite SWG T15 cell, Hayward C1750 filter, EcoStar SP3400VSP pump, H400FD pool/spa heater, Polaris PB4-60 booster pump, 280 pressure cleaner, Hayward Super II spa pump and Air Supply Silencer spa blower