Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae in light

1. Back To Top    #1

Re: Is there such thing as a "little" algae? :)

Hi, new to forum. I have algae behind my clear cover of my jandy lights. Can I take off the cover and clean in there? They are the nicheless led underwater lights. Electricity scares me.

thanks for your help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Algae in light

Howdy Mkfish

Can you flip the power off to the lights at the breaker?

The lights can be pulled out usually and lifted up to the deck while cleaning the niche, assuming the PB/Electrician left enough length in the line.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Is there such thing as a "little" algae? :)

Quote Originally Posted by mkfish View Post
    Hi, new to forum. I have algae behind my clear cover of my jandy lights. Can I take off the cover and clean in there? They are the nicheless led underwater lights. Electricity scares me.

thanks for your help.
    Welcome to the forum!

Nicheless lights usually will not have the extra length of wire needed to remove the light, and when removing the light, water will flood the conduit.

Do you have the installation instructions? Page 13 & 14 of the manual linked below show the removal & installation of lenses, but the light must be in a "dry environment", ie you must drain down below the light, and be certain that the lens is re-installed with a watertight seal. You will also need the Jandy supplied installation tool if you wish to remove the light from the pool.

http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/...h/h0532600.pdf
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Algae in light

Ah, good catch Dom... nicheLESS
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain