FINALLY got my pool BLUE!!! Now, I have one more question about getting out sand. :)

Jul 11, 2016
Comer GA
Hey guys! I haven't posted in a very long while, but if you saw any of my other threads from earlier this summer, I was dealing with a murky swamp and we've fought a long, hard battle to get our pool in shape! I had given up when it finally started to clear up and now we have a beautiful, sparkly blue pool! I've continued to vacuum the last of the leaves and debris out of it. There were leaves, dirt, rocks, and sticks all on the bottom. After days and days of vacuuming and running the filter that's all gone. Now I have some sand left on the bottom. I think it's coming from my well, as we have constantly drained and filled (simultaneously) for the better part of the summer, putting in fresh water and getting the CYA down. Our well is still new and very deep and we tend to get a lot of sand out of it still. However, my pool vac just doesn't seem to vacuum it up well. I can go over it a couple times and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions?? I also have an Aquabot. It's missing a drive belt and I can replace that. Will the Aquabot do a better job than my vac at getting up the sand? TIA!!

My TigerShark picks up sand fairly well, although I've only had a little bit on the bottom at one point. If your vacuum head is not working well, try isolating all suction to just the skimmer you're vacuuming with. Then swim down with the bare vacuum hose and see if that concentrated suction pulls it off the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.