Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Electrical conduit for pool solar lines

1. Back To Top    #1

Electrical conduit for pool solar lines

I am debating on using sched 40 electrical conduit for my pool solar (water) feed lines on the roof. It is a little better suited to harsh UV that we get here in AZ, and should be fine under the relatively low pressure. Just wondering if there is something I may not be considering by going this route.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Electrical conduit for pool solar lines

Normally it will turn brown if exposed to full sun for awhile.
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Opposed to cpvc? Typically a cpvc or poly-tubing is used especially in high exposer areas.
    17K Gallon,IG Vinyl,1hp Pentair Challenger,Pentair TA60 Sand Filter, Hayward Colorlogic,Re-lined 06-20-15, TF-100,SpeedStir,Lagunitas and Margaritas. Zappafan Pool Build

4. Back To Top    #4

Many use cpvc or paint the lines. Mine are painted black on the roof and to match my house as they drop down.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, just use white PVC and paint them. You'll want them to match the house anyway.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden