How often do you actually use your pool?

It seems like I spend a lot more time taking care of mine than I actually spend using it. This is mostly because we are in full shade by late afternoon. We generally use ours once per week from late May to early September. If I divide up our expenses related to pool ownership we are probably paying $50 each time we swim once a week for a few months. Surprisingly though I am still really glad to have a pool. I get a certain amount of enjoyment just from looking at it.

We start swimming as soon as the water is in the 70's, usually around the end of May. Once the kids are out of school we swim pretty much every day the weather will allow us to.

Our pool is in full shade after 2:30pm or so, but with water temps well into the upper 80's right now (91 yesterday) that shade is perfect.

Our season is short here in the North East, so we try to swim as much as possible as the entire family really enjoys it.

On weekends when we're home, we're all in it on both days. Maybe two or three weeknights as well, depending on the weather and how hectic our schedules are. Even if we're not swimming, we still "use" it by sitting by it on the deck, and many evenings when I get home I'll pop outside for 10 minutes and sit with my feet in the pool.

And yeah, seeing it out the window is great too- even if I can't "use" it that day.

Our pool is in Chicago and we have a Early-May to Mid-September season. We're in every weekend, many evenings after work and family members/friends with little kids use it during the week. I spend very little time maintaining it; check chems every other day (unless we have heavy use), drop the robot in and skim leaves from the surface as needed.

I have a 4 year old boy that swims almost everyday May thru September. He gets in about 5pm on weekdays, and gets out at bed time. We cook and watch tv outside almost everyday of the year. Our outdoor kitchen and entertainment area was the best improvement we have made. I wished we had built it years ago.

If it's nice outside, I'm in the pool at least 2-3 times every day. Some of it to cool down, some of it for exercise (I've lost 15 lbs just swimming this season)

I start swimming in mine the day the water is at least 78 degrees (usually first weekend of may) and continue until it falls below that usually late september early october.

I usually spend at least 15 minutes in my pool after I get home from working outside all day, if not just to rinse off and a quick cool down. On the weekend I spend up to 2 hours each day floating around listening to music.

Summer goes fast, enjoy it while you can.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We use ours 3-4 days out of the week. Hubby likes to float but I like to be in the water and swim.

Our pool is open all year, and from early spring through October I'm in it most days. Once the daily high temps settle into the 60s, we will heat the pool once in awhile and more frequently heat the spa. A dip into chilly pool water after heating up in the spa is heaven. January through mid-March are tough months because it's mostly too cold to swim, and running the gas heater all the time is too expensive. Leaf fall and pollen fall in February and March have me grumbling lots about the time I spend taking care of the pool when it's too cold to swim.

This is my first time in my whole life to have a pool bigger than one of those little plastic kiddie pools. My 8 year old daughter and I have swam everyday except when it rains since May 1st and we are gonna keep at it until the pool reaches 75. This has been the best summer because I haven't heard the dreaded words "I'm bored." I didn't find out about TFPC until mid July and was being pool stored so I'm excited for next year when I put in the upgraded pump, SWG, and in the wall skimmer. I feel like then I will only be in maintenance phase instead of fixing all the issues from being pool stored and get to enjoy the pool even more.

I don't spend any where's near what it takes me to maintain it. But my granddaughter likes to swim. :mrgreen:

I'm going to buy a heater for my granddaughter (she says it's her pool lol) for next year. I'll be closing the pool soon and I just know I'll get reamed by her but it'll be to cold to swim soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.