Re: Can overflow really handle the rain?

A new salt water pool here, and it's been a nightmare from day one of the build. The overflow is not handling rain. Any suggestions? The company told me to hook up a hose to the outlet they have above the pump and drain it that way. I can't imagine I have to worry about this every time it rains? Also does it hurt the pool if the water comes up over the coping?

Sounds odd to me. I have a 2" overflow pipe, right behind a little grill, right at the water line. Even in the hardest rain we have had, the pool has never filled to overflowing.

How about a picture of your overflow port.... Where does it go. Is it plumbed to a drain or the street or ??

Thanks,

Jim R.

The company told me to hook up a hose to the outlet they have above the pump and drain it that way. I can't imagine I have to worry about this every time it rains?

I would do what they suggested for the time being then make them fix the problem. Tell them this is unacceptable and they need to remedy the situation...Especially if rain is an issue where you are

A new salt water pool here, and it's been a nightmare from day one of the build. The overflow is not handling rain. Any suggestions? The company told me to hook up a hose to the outlet they have above the pump and drain it that way. I can't imagine I have to worry about this every time it rains? Also does it hurt the pool if the water comes up over the coping?

Is there a pop up by the street?? or better yet ask the pool company where it drains to...Grass could have grown over the pop up restricting full flow. I keep mine trimmed with the weed-eater. Ive seen st augustine hold down a pop up sprinkler with water pressure using behind it so a spring loaded drain pop up would be no issue. Also check to see if someone could have run over the drain line at the edge of the street. Already replaced on here also.

You're probably dealing with the same rain we've gotten (Cypress, TX - 7" since Friday evening)

Ours has maintained the normal level - so yours is blocked somehow.

This is what a pop up looks like, in case you didn't know, and how I keep it trimmed.

27def5aeb70e8c49ac0bf2a3eaed5c5c.jpg

--------------

Don't ever hesitate to try something new. Remember amateurs built the ARK and professionals built the TITANIC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.