I have a ~35,000 gallon gunnite pool that I'm looking to make swimmable by this weekend (3 days) without the use of a filter. Not sure if this is possible. Here's what I know:
- It has been closed for a year and has a lot of junk in it.
- I don't want to open it permanently - just for a short period. Just enough to swim in it for a couple days.
- I can use an external pump - maybe a 1.5 HP Hayward - to clean out all the muck, but cannot turn on the main system.
I expect there are a couple things I need to do:
- Clean out all the big junk in the pool. Suggestions on how to do this? An external pump I expect is my best bet - correct me if wrong.
- Start a chemical regimen. What recipe of chemicals will clean this baby up as quickly as possible? Doesn't need to look crystal clear, just swimmable. Reminder: it's a gunnite pool, not sure if that makes a difference.