pool coping and deck gap

Jun 21, 2016
sacramento ca
I have a 90 foot perimeter on in ground pool with white coping, a concrete deck 4 foot wide the gap is appx 2 inch the filler is removed.

I know the gap is to big.
the question I have is when I look straight down on the gap I see about 1/2 in to 1 inch of top of pool wall that the coping does not cover,is the coping installed correctly?

if i pour new concrete should the new concrete sit on any part of wall with spacer in between or should coping extend out over the wall so no concrete can touch wall.

I am just trying to mainly close gap to 1/2 in between deck and coping and looking for best way. I do plan to do an overlay on deck as concrete is stable.
I thought about cutting concrete back say a foot and repouring closer to coping as I am not sure what will stick to side of current deck
Thanks in advance

I have a 90 foot perimeter on in ground pool with white coping, a concrete deck 4 foot wide the gap is appx 2 inch the filler is removed.

I know the gap is to big.
the question I have is when I look straight down on the gap I see about 1/2 in to 1 inch of top of pool wall that the coping does not cover,is the coping installed correctly?

if i pour new concrete should the new concrete sit on any part of wall with spacer in between or should coping extend out over the wall so no concrete can touch wall.

I am just trying to mainly close gap to 1/2 in between deck and coping and looking for best way. I do plan to do an overlay on deck as concrete is stable.
I thought about cutting concrete back say a foot and repouring closer to coping as I am not sure what will stick to side of current deck
Thanks in advance

whatever you do please make sure deck does not bind to pool wall- when either of them start to move due to thermo expansion/contraction they need a way to do this independently or one of them will crack, most likely the pool wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.