Dirt in liner creases

Jun 5, 2016
Warwick/RI
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove dirt that settles in the fine creases in the liner at the bottom of the pool? We had a perfectly smooth bottom until this season. No matter how much I vacuum and filter, there is always dirt that settles in the creases.i have tried skimming and vacuuming with a skimmer sock but it is still there. It is making me crazy!!

you and me both.

My liner was a "tight fit" and I only have a meager 5 inch long by a few mm wide tiny crease, it does collect dirt when the pump is running,
but all the liner seams do as well.

All you can do is vacuum.

A picture would help a lot but I don't think it's dirt.....I think it's dead algae.

Like always, when we try to fix water chemistry, we need a set of current test results. Can you post those and a picture of the dirt?

It's a water chemistry issue....not a filtration issue. You have live algae (invisible) in your pool. Each day you have enough FC to kill some but not enough to eradicate it. So, each day you see the dead algae reappear.

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. Then read the SLAM article so you can SLAM the pool.

You cannot do the SLAM unless you have a high end FAS/DPD test kit so you can post test results. Pool store testing and test strips are inadequate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.