Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where would you put Deck Jets?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where would you put Deck Jets?

We have a mountain pound shaped pool and I am having a hard time deciding where exactly we'd like our deck jets. Our slide, ladder and steps are all on the sides of the shape. We are getting four of the Pentair Deck Jet II. Also, how far do the jets shoot out?

IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Where would you put Deck Jets?

Where I'd locate the jets would depend on the location of the house, your route to the pool, view from the home to the pool, patio at the pool .... just not enough information. Also do you want to have them all come together when they break the surface or are you looking at pairing them or having four individual streams. Lots of creative choices before you set them in concrete !! You might want to think about adding valves to them so as to control them independently for whatever effect you're going for.

You don't mention if you're going with a variable speed pump. That would give you more control as the pumps output will determine both height and distance along with the jets built in adjustability. Claimed height is about 10' max. but I can't find a distance in their literature. If I had to guess I think they make 15'/20' in most of the promotional photos in different installations. It's going to depend on how much water volume and pressure you can give them. They are rated up to 5GPM at 11ft of head.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree it depends on where the pool is at in your yard.

Also how high the jets are depends on your pump - you can put valves and adjust the distance.

4. Back To Top    #4

We Have the Pentair IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed Pool Pump. I think we have decided to put one at each "corner" of the pool. Although I am still toying with the idea of three on one side (spread out near the hump) and one on the opposite side in the shallow.
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide