Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy TruClear Salt generator. But no salinity sensor?

1. Back To Top    #1

Delray Beach

Jandy TruClear Salt generator. But no salinity sensor?

Hi all,

I just had a Jandy TruClear salt generator installed in my new pool. It is a new product with a good, easy to service design as well as good price point. However, I have now realized it does not include a salinity sensor or meter. I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation on how I can check my salt levels or what add-on I might be able to get. I have the Jandy/Zodiac automation system, RS4. I also have a Jandy 460sf quad filter. I see that there is a place on the filter where a tri meter can be installed, but this seems to go together with their other salt systems, not this one. Does anyone know of a meter that can be installed and plugged into my automation to allow me to read salt level? Disappointing feature to have left out...

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: Jandy TruClear Salt generator. But no salinity sensor?

You should get a Taylor K-1766 salt test kit and if you don't have one of the recommended test kits get a TF-100. See my signature for a link to the test kits.

The TruClear is less expensive than a lot of SWG's, but it is a very basic unit as you are finding out. There's not an option for a salinity meter that I know of that you can incorporate into your automation.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process