Intex Ultra Frame liner pockets

jasnovanorder

Bronze Supporter
Jul 2, 2015
Hamilton Michigan
For those of you with the ultra frames what do you do about the water that collects in the liner opening right under the frame section for the legs? Ive been battling an algae issue and now I know why. I never thought to check there but almost every single pocket where there is a leg there is standing green water. Should I take a small needle and put a could drain holes after I get them cleaned up? What other options are there to keep water from collecting there?

I do have that problem but I don't consider it to be a major concern. Every once in a while I just run my finger down in there to get rid of as much of it as possible. I have toyed with the idea of closing up that gap with aluminum duct tape, the really sticky kind. It would look ratty but might keep water out of that crack and into my pool. Then again, if I get a flood of rain midseason, the water will have nowhere to go!

We never did anything about it, never had a problem.

Of course, we were pool storing it at the time, so our water wasn't all that great to begin with and some algae wouldn't stand out all that much.

Yup found my hidden algae pockets. Under the ladder where the kids splash the most the liner pockets were full of nasty green swamp water. So took a turkey bastor and some chlorine and gave each one a squirt and tomorrow I will rig something up to clean them out. Maybe now I can stop fighting the green cloud every other week

I found the lowest spot and punched a hole in it with a paper hole punch on the outside. Now all of the water drains out and it stays perfectly dry. I hid it behind one of the legs, and to be honest I had forgotten about it until I read your post.

temporary_zps2tjjgyo2.jpg

I am taking a chamois and cutting it in narrow strips to pass through the openings to absorb the water and keep clean. Seems like Jeffchap has the easiest solution to the problem. No more cleaning! But I have an ongoing situation with crepe myrtle flowers that get stuck in mine, so I have to try to wipe them out.

Mine have some stuff in them, too. As long as I don't let the kids do their "wave pool" with the inner tubes, it usually isn't cause for concern. I am considering cleaning them ot at the end of the season, right before I try to cover it for the winter. Chances are, though, it will be chilly ut when the water hits 60 degrees and I won't feel like it, ha ha.

Mine have some stuff in them, too. As long as I don't let the kids do their "wave pool" with the inner tubes, it usually isn't cause for concern. I am considering cleaning them ot at the end of the season, right before I try to cover it for the winter. Chances are, though, it will be chilly ut when the water hits 60 degrees and I won't feel like it, ha ha.

Well between my kids their friends and the neighbor kids there is a lot of splashing. Hopefully this will end my fight against the green monster.

We had a very dry summer, so I couldn't top off the water the past month and a half. I noticed yesterday there were spider webs in mine, lol. Thankfully, we've gotten some rain the past week and the pool filled itself back up. I'm ready for a few sunny days, actually.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I also put some tiny holes in there so the water drains. It works well. I do get flowers and tiny leaves in there and every now and then I take my shop vac out to the pool and suck up the leaves and stuff.

Well took some chlorine and flushed those pockets with it. Killed anything and everything in there. Also since then Ive bumped up the FC to slam level for a couple days and now the water is crystal clear. Now I just gotta remember to get a hole punch and start making drain holes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.