PH-7.5
FC-15
CC-1
CH-525
TA-120
CYA-80.

pool is looking great! Any feedback is greatly appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

So, I'll do OCLT tonight, but it sounds like I should let my FC DRIFT DOWN TO 9? Does that sound correct?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Water looks good! I brushed the steps and noticed a bit more came off than last time I brushed (2 days ago), but water looks good. I'll try to get a pic

- - - Updated - - -

There are a LOT of overhanging trees that drop a LOT of stuff in the pool. Could the stuff I brushed off steps be pollen, and not algae?

Ok, updated FC AND CC.Seeing as it was my first time testing, I retested here at 8PM

FC-18
CC-0.5.

we'll see in the AM how my OCLT turns out!

thanks for all the input.

Also, it seems I'm going to run out of the DPD powder pretty quickly. Any ideas on conserving?

- - - Updated - - -

I held off on the SLAM because I wasn't too confident in my testing procedure....it sure is easier when I used the magnetic mixer thing!

Last edited:
For the powder see how little you can use and still have the water turn pink. You can order new stuff from the link in my siggy below. I THINK there is a place closer to you that sells it also. You can call TFtest and ask them who they have on your side of the US.

:kim:

Also, it's safe to swim when you can see the bottom of the deep end clearly, your pH is between 7.2 and 7.8 and your FC is between the minimum and shock level for your CYA! So you can party on this weekend if you keep the FC just below shock level. And the agitation from swimmers might help stir the algae up. Just make sure to get the FC back up to shock level after everyone is out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.