Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I might burn this pool to the ground

1. Back To Top    #1

Galloway, NJ

I might burn this pool to the ground

I have an 18x48 Summer Waves pool with the submerged pump in the skimmer box. The crappy pump broke, which was to be expected. I just bought a used Hayward 1HP sand filter/pump combo. I'm trying to engineer the pump to the pool. Hoses aren't exactly the same size and I've been to the plumbing aisle of Home Depot way too much.

I thought I had it. Plugged in the pump, and water was leaking prettg quickly from the pump side of the hose that connects the hose and the filter. Before I could even adjust it, the hose flew off and water was spurting up. I was racing to unplug it, and the pump shut itself off. Now it won't turn on. I'm assuming I tripped a safety feature when it got wet.

Will this pulp work again if I let it dry out? And does anyone have any suggestions for getting hoses to fit? I've read threads and I've tried a few things, but there are still leaks. I'm getting really frustrated.
    18'X48" Summer Waves 7600 gallons
    1 HP Hayward sand filter/pump combo
    TF100 test kit
    Still have so much learning to do

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lodi Ca

Re: I might burn this pool to the ground

I would look online at for the pump manual, which should help you with the pump or you can call Hayward. The make specific adaptors for the metric to std 1 1/2" pipe. Go to amazon for the adaptor ...9.58 plus free shipping. A lot simpler and easier ... : Summer Escapes Skimmer Filter Pump Conversion Kit : Swimming Pool Skimmers : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.