Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: fell in my pool...

1. Back To Top    #1

fell in my pool...

HI, a long time lurker here, Finally have a question. I was shocking my pool today cause of an alge problem, But I fell in on the last bag of shock ( I put 4 bags in as 2 was not enough) So My level was pretty high. I didnt swallow a lot, maybe a gulp on the fall. But Is there any health risks to me, or chemical mess ups I should correct??? Thanks guys.
    15x30 inground vinyl pool. 1 hp hayward pump, 200 pound sand filter. 8 feet deep in the deepest part. 3 feet in the shallow. 4 returns 2 in the steps, 1 in the shallow end, and one in the deep, 1 skimmer (wish there were 2) and one Main drain. Only thing I wish is I had a more powerful pump, The jets never really put out alot of power. No frills pool. Has a light and thats about it as far as specail features go. BBB user ever since I opened this season thanks to TPF

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: fell in my pool...

IF you were not very clean I would shock it again! (kidding) Otherswise I assume you rinsed off afterwards so you should be fine.

If you could tell us what FC you were shooting for and what your current CYA level is we can tell you a bit more.

If you have any concerns about the chlorinated water you swallowed I would talk to your doctor or a hospital about them or call a poison control center.