Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool math calculator - can I get this in Excel for data logging and trending ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool math calculator - can I get this in Excel for data logging and trending ?

Hello Everyone,

Is there a chance of getting the pool math calculator in excel format so that I can utilize a computer or human machine interface for data logging / trending? Or even provide the calculations? If I am away for a couple days, my wife can then input the data from the test kit into her phone or Ipad, and my system will either email her the correct chemical(s) to put into the pool, or display it on the remote HMI viewer. I'm working on a hygrometer network for automatic garden watering and precise soil moisture (Florida is a tough gardening state, but I've been successful this year), so putting my pool care information on some different screens would be nice. Eventually, I will have everything from exact energy usage to air handler filter replacement alarms on the display. We already want a larger/better pool, and after learning the details, will be building an IG, hopefully by next year. Anyway, this site is truly amazing, and recommend to people every time I'm buying chlorine from the "pool store experts".

P.S. The last time I had my water tested, the "professional tester" just squeezed the drops so fast into the beaker, that there is absolutely no possible chance of proper testing chemical level, nor test accuracy.

Thanks in advance,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool math calculator - can I get this in Excel for data logging and trending ?

There is this. Don't know if it be being maintained though. I have used it and it works well. Does not work on Mobile though so I have reverted to a paper log since it takes less time than opening my computer, entering and reviewing.

If I need to do a calculation, I just pull up Pool Math on my mobile browser.

Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log (Excel spreadsheet))
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool math calculator - can I get this in Excel for data logging and trending ?

just in time. someone started this project last week.

I made a pool logger
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

4. Back To Top    #4

I want to log data into my home automation/information project, mainly need precise calculation methods for a small basic SCADA/HMI system.
    Brian -- Jacksonville, FL - 16' above ground pool 16' x 48" - 5000 gallons - Vinyl liner (sitting on 2 tarps and a gorilla pad to prevent / slow St. Augustine grass from growing through) - Intex 2500 GPH pump "B" filter upgrade (allows for excellent suction when utilizing my custom vacuum system) - K-2006 test kit will arrive shortly.