Mom has a pool in Florida...but she won't manage it herself...

tlevy

Jun 3, 2015
Ottawa/Ontario
Hi all

I am at a bit of a loss with regards to mom's pool.

She is only there 4 months of the year (she is a snowbird, as the saying goes).

Her house down there has a pool inside a screened in area. She also has a pool company manage the pool. I get a sense from speaking to her that it is poorly managed, as I think many of you can expect.

I can get a taylor kit, no problem, but she won't pull it out and use it, let alone follow the TFP method....despite me showing her how it is done, etc. I may be heading down a few weeks out of the year, but cannot, by virtue of the fact that I live in Canada, take care of it for her....

So, accepting that she won't follow TFP method, and that she is going to continue paying a company to manage it for her, what can I do?

She is in the Venice Beach area in a gated community...any advice, or is anyone aware of a good company that won't take her to the cleaners AND make sure the pool is in good shape?

At a bit of a loss here..... Thanks for any and all advice....

If she's only there four months a year, she's kind of stuck having someone manage it for her- and firing them every year for four months is never a good idea, even if she were open to doing it herself.

Trying to find a good pool company is about the only thing she can do. There's got to be someone in the area (lovely area, my grandparents were there for years) that does a good job. Maybe if you called around for her and asked about their methods you could find one that would do less badly. Do any of her neighbors have pools that you can check with? You might get some good leads that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.