Strange fixture in wall of inground pool

Aug 14, 2016
VA
Good morning!

I am new to the forum, so pls excuse me if I am posting in the wrong place...
We recently bought a house with an inground pool (first time pool owners, loving it!). I found in the wall this fixture, on two sides of the pool, and not sure what it is for. Does anyone have any idea? There is no water in\out of it, and it is locarted on opposite sides of the pool, right where the deep end starts. So we are thinking it might have been used to connect a net or something between shallow and deep end?

Any input would be welcome.

Thanks

Sam

pool fixture.jpg

Welcome to TFP!!

It appears to be the point where a safety rope is attached to the walls to keep folks who can't swim out of the deep end. Kind of like lane marker ropes.
Thank you Tim.
Any idea where I could find the mating part? I tried searching using different phrases, but can't find anything like that. I want to try and use it for my tethered swimming cord.

:wave: Welcome to TFP Sam

Part number or even a manufacturer's name. I tried doing google images but nothing close to it.
How old is the pool ??

Thanks all,

Pool is at least 13 years old, i suspect more. Great idea on the part stuck, got it out, but all it said was Anthony and Sullivan. I guess I can try and contact them, hopying they would have something.
Either that, or I will just end up machining something with similar dimensions...

I did some searching online and didn't come up with anything. Keep the part you just took out as you may be able to attach a newer line to it using stainless steel fasteners. We have a pool deep end line and have never used it.

I will take a photo of my ancient A&S pool (circa early 1980s). I have one of those things between my deep and shallow end, but I'm pretty sure I don't have a matching one on the opposite wall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I stand corrected. My pool has two. One on each side.
d9aac1b6951d5161b34f8b707c36af32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.