Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Strange fixture in wall of inground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Strange fixture in wall of inground pool

Good morning!

I am new to the forum, so pls excuse me if I am posting in the wrong place...
    We recently bought a house with an inground pool (first time pool owners, loving it!). I found in the wall this fixture, on two sides of the pool, and not sure what it is for. Does anyone have any idea? There is no water in\out of it, and it is locarted on opposite sides of the pool, right where the deep end starts. So we are thinking it might have been used to connect a net or something between shallow and deep end?

Any input would be welcome.

Thanks

Sam

pool fixture.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Strange fixture in wall of inground pool

Welcome to TFP!!

It appears to be the point where a safety rope is attached to the walls to keep folks who can't swim out of the deep end. Kind of like lane marker ropes.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    Welcome to TFP!!

It appears to be the point where a safety rope is attached to the walls to keep folks who can't swim out of the deep end. Kind of like lane marker ropes.
    Thank you Tim.
    Any idea where I could find the mating part? I tried searching using different phrases, but can't find anything like that. I want to try and use it for my tethered swimming cord.

4. Back To Top    #4

Appears from the picture that one of the rope ends is still in the fitting. Slide it up to the large opening and it should come out maybe you'll get lucky on a part number
    30k in ground vinyl lined pool surrounded by decking in the woods.
    Hayward sand filter circa mid 80's
    If there is a way to do things less expensively and yield a superior product I am all ears

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP Sam

Part number or even a manufacturer's name. I tried doing google images but nothing close to it.
    How old is the pool ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks all,

Pool is at least 13 years old, i suspect more. Great idea on the part stuck, got it out, but all it said was Anthony and Sullivan. I guess I can try and contact them, hopying they would have something.
    Either that, or I will just end up machining something with similar dimensions...

7. Back To Top    #7

Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com

Try this company. They have awesome cust. service. You can email them a pic and they might be able to help you.

Tell them TFP sent you for the white glove treatment!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I did some searching online and didn't come up with anything. Keep the part you just took out as you may be able to attach a newer line to it using stainless steel fasteners. We have a pool deep end line and have never used it.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Seems Anthony & Sylvan is a pool builder and they are still around. Pool Equipment and Products | Anthony Sylvan Pools -
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

I will take a photo of my ancient A&S pool (circa early 1980s). I have one of those things between my deep and shallow end, but I'm pretty sure I don't have a matching one on the opposite wall.
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

I stand corrected. My pool has two. One on each side.

Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by kcindc View Post
    I stand corrected. My pool has two. One on each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Kcindc. Just realized we actually live in the same area...