Hello from Hungary

dudeeg

Aug 15, 2016
Budapest
Hello everyone,
I'm a new member from Hungary/Europe, near Budapest. I bought a house a year ago with a vinyl liner pool (30000liters/8000gallons). I am very happy that I discovered this site a year ago, and I've already learned a lot just by reading some of the threads. Some of the things are applicable in my area, but I was just surprised that how some of the things are completely unknown in my country -and I am starting to believe that it is also like that in whole Europe :). For instance, I see how often you guys mention the importance of CYA levels. Well, such test kit that can measure it is completely unavailable here. Not only you just cannot buy it, but most of the pool store owners don't even know what CYA is. I've tried to get a Taylor tset kit from the U.S. -through amazon-, but shipping is not possible for some reason, and I cannot get any Taylor products from UK/Germany/France. I find a bit strange.
Besides this, I think most of the chemicals and methods are completely the same here, so I hope I can raise some good questions, and I am sure that you'll be able to help me :)

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP :)

Can you receive things from australia? If so they have a great kit, its a little spendy but will work :)

they seem to be out of stock right now but maybe you can email them and ask about shipping and when it will be back in stock :)

Total Pool Water Testing Kit, Fresh Water Clear Choice Labs

Welcome to TFP :)

Can you receive things from australia? If so they have a great kit, its a little spendy but will work :)

they seem to be out of stock right now but maybe you can email them and ask about shipping and when it will be back in stock :)

Total Pool Water Testing Kit, Fresh Water Clear Choice Labs

Thanks! Unfortunately they are only shipping to Australia and New-Zealand.
And I was not entirely precise regarding the test kit status here. They are selling here the basic test kit reagents (R0001, 2, 3, 14) for FC, TC, pH for pretty much the same price as in US.
But when I tried to get a Taylor K-2005 kit (which is around $40 if I am not mistaken), the official retailer here gave me a $300 price tag. Haha. No, thanks :)
So, the focus for me would be a Taylor kit, because the reagents mentioned above are easily available. I will try next year, because the pool season is coming to the end in a few weeks.