Need a bit of advice.

Aug 15, 2016
New York
Thank you for your time and advice. I am a fairly new pool owner. Recently, I have been having a hard time with my pool. My pool is a 10,000 gallon in ground pool. My pool has visible green algae/dirt and sand. My PH is high 7.8-8 or higher. I have no chlorine at all. I was wonder should I backwash my DE filter first. Lower the PH. Then shock my pool? I only have calcium hypochlorite shock. Thank you.

Welcome toTFP! Good to have you here. :)

Do you want to get it done fast and permanent?

Start by reading this, and don't doubt me here, order this test kit right away. I have no financial interest in the company and I'm a volunteer here. I've read 100+ threads just like yours and advised on around 25ish.

Go online and order this now, including the XL option. The speed stirrer is also nice if you can swing it and I think at $100 you get free shipping. TFTestkits.net

Read this (just the first post): TFPC for Beginners

You will pay off that kit in avoided pool $tore chemicals before you close the pool for winter.

You'll then read pool school and learn how to SLAM. That can be started when you get your test kit. It's a sustained shock using plain liquid bleach or pool chlorinating liquid for around 5 to 10 days. It works, and if you just follow the procedures here you'll very likely never do it again.

Your water will be better than you've ever seen (unless you've used TFPC before). That is, safe and sparkly for less money than you thought possible.

Welcome to TFP!

+1 on ordering a TF-100, Pool School - Test Kits Compared. It is important to maintain PH between 7.2 and 7.8 at all times, 7.5 to 7.8 is usually best. Cal-hypo is usually ok depending on your CH level and pool type.

Tell us more about your pool by adding your pool info to your sig pH nature so that we can better help you. More here about what to add and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.