Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump not working.

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump not working.

First time pool owner.

I have a polygroup Summer's wave easy set up 18X4 pool.

The pump recently stated making some vey strange noises and it's not sucking any more. We change the filter regularly any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump not working.

I would suggest unplugging it (for safety) and opening it up to check if anything is stuck in the impeller.

While its not working keep adding bleach and brushing your pool to keep it from going wonky.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsdion View Post
    First time pool owner.

I have a polygroup Summer's wave easy set up 18X4 pool.

The pump recently stated making some vey strange noises and it's not sucking any more. We change the filter regularly any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Is water level in the pool normal and not too low? Level too low leads to no water in pump basket. Just checking ...
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

It's a few inches below the full line. We checked the pump. Can't figure out what's causing it. Don't see anything it runs its just not sucking

5. Back To Top    #5

Add water to the trap with the lid off and turn the pump on, does it suck that water down or does it just sit there?

6. Back To Top    #6

Apparently the "shaft" is broke. Waiting for new piece to arrive in the mail.

Any advice on keeping the pool swimable until it arrives?

7. Back To Top    #7

Just what I already wrote up there <points upwards> Use liquid bleach daily and keep it mixed up by brushing daily.

Yip
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks!