C Ya, CYA

I will be doing this soon too! This 100+ level needs to get gone! Stupid question but, I won't ruin anything in my pool if I let out almost half of the water all at one time, right? No certain setting for the pump or anything special that needs to be done other than leave the backwash valve open and let the pump run?

How much did you drain? What was your CYA level before? After? Thanks.

I drained 7,500 gallons total but did it in two 3,750 drains. My CYA was 120ppm before and is at 80ppm now.

I will be doing this soon too! This 100+ level needs to get gone! Stupid question but, I won't ruin anything in my pool if I let out almost half of the water all at one time, right? No certain setting for the pump or anything special that needs to be done other than leave the backwash valve open and let the pump run?

I guess it really depends on how high the water table is around your pool. I did mine over two smaller drains because the ground around my pool area is very saturated due to the septic drain field being right next to it (not sure why anyone ever thought was a good place to put it). I assume that's how you do it since you have a backwash valve. You'll also want to close off your skimmer return for when the water level gets below the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.