Dolphin Quantum

Aug 14, 2016
MA
Purchased a dolphin quantum from amazon. I just learned that if purchased online the warranty is voided. Is this true if it is should i return it and pay 300 more and buy at a pool supply store? Or take a chance and keep it

Do you know if the site you bought it from has any disclaimer on warranty ?? If they don't say anything it might be a reason you can use to return it.
I guess it puts you in a spot not knowing if it's worth it to return and get one with a warranty for more $$ or keep the savings and hope nothing happens.

I haven't opened it yet so returning it to amazon shouldn't be a problem. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say about the warranty. If the warranty is voided then i will have to make a decision to keep it or pay more at a pool supply store. Thanks for all your help

I haven't opened it yet so returning it to amazon shouldn't be a problem. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say about the warranty. If the warranty is voided then i will have to make a decision to keep it or pay more at a pool supply store. Thanks for all your help

I contacted Maytronics about this as well. The Quantum is covered by the warranty if purchased online through Amazon or the online retailer PoolExpress dot com. Maytronics spoke highly of this company in their email and said the Quantum is available for purchase online w/o voided the warranty. However, with that said I purchased the Doheny model because it just went back on sale and was quite abit cheaper.

I had also contacted Maytronics, they told me the same thing. After checking with a local pool supply store I ended up purchasing the dolphin s300i
through them. The 300i came with the caddy, I had to buy the caddy separate with the quantum for 150.00. All said and done it was just 100.00 more for the s300i at my local store. If I ever need service on it there right down the road. I think that alone is worth the extra money. I think we should support are local stores as much as we can.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You could also check with the local store to see if they would match the online price. They might be willing to give some discount rather than lose the sale.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.