Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Quantum

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Quantum

Purchased a dolphin quantum from amazon. I just learned that if purchased online the warranty is voided. Is this true if it is should i return it and pay 300 more and buy at a pool supply store? Or take a chance and keep it
    33' x 54" 28,000 aboveground pool, Hayward 6020 DE filter,
    Hayward 1 1/2 H P super pump, Hayward T15 salt cell,
    Dolphin S300i pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Dolphin Quantum

Welcome to TFP Jim

Did the company you bought it from say no warranty, did you check with the manufacturer (Home - Maytronics US, Inc) or where is it you picked this info up at ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I came across it on different online sights. They are saying if it is ordered online the box will have a stop sign on top saying if purchased online the warranty is voided.

4. Back To Top    #4

According to Maytronics site there are only a few models that are allowed for sale online. The Quantum is not one of them.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Do you know if the site you bought it from has any disclaimer on warranty ?? If they don't say anything it might be a reason you can use to return it.
    I guess it puts you in a spot not knowing if it's worth it to return and get one with a warranty for more $$ or keep the savings and hope nothing happens.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE

6. Back To Top    #6

It's a 3 year warranty, I believe.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

7. Back To Top    #7

Ask the company you bought it from through Amazon, most of them seem to honor the warranty from what I've read.
    AGP 33' x 54" Lomart Verona, Approx. 27,300 gallons, Pentair cartridge filter/pump 2-speed, 1.5 hp, Dolphin Escape robotic cleaner.

8. Back To Top    #8

I haven't opened it yet so returning it to amazon shouldn't be a problem. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say about the warranty. If the warranty is voided then i will have to make a decision to keep it or pay more at a pool supply store. Thanks for all your help

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by jim3672 View Post
    I haven't opened it yet so returning it to amazon shouldn't be a problem. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say about the warranty. If the warranty is voided then i will have to make a decision to keep it or pay more at a pool supply store. Thanks for all your help
    I contacted Maytronics about this as well. The Quantum is covered by the warranty if purchased online through Amazon or the online retailer PoolExpress dot com. Maytronics spoke highly of this company in their email and said the Quantum is available for purchase online w/o voided the warranty. However, with that said I purchased the Doheny model because it just went back on sale and was quite abit cheaper.
    20,500 gallon free form, 6X9 hot tub w/ spillover, 18" jumping platform w/ 3ft shear descent on chopped rock, Travertine coping, 2.5HP Hayward 2-speed filter pump, 525 Hayward Cartridge filter, 350K BTU Hayward NG Heater, 2HP Hayward water feature pump, Satin Matrix Northshore Carribbean, Jandy PDS-8 Controls

10. Back To Top    #10

I had also contacted Maytronics, they told me the same thing. After checking with a local pool supply store I ended up purchasing the dolphin s300i
    through them. The 300i came with the caddy, I had to buy the caddy separate with the quantum for 150.00. All said and done it was just 100.00 more for the s300i at my local store. If I ever need service on it there right down the road. I think that alone is worth the extra money. I think we should support are local stores as much as we can.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

You could also check with the local store to see if they would match the online price. They might be willing to give some discount rather than lose the sale.