Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater compressor capacitor

1. Back To Top    #1

Heater compressor capacitor

I replaced my fan motor and blade about a month ago. I was going to be given a capacitor but he only had oblong and I need a round one as it sits in a hole. Now I'm not getting heat into pool so I'm guessing the capacitor is bad. Both original capacitors were tested when I picked up fan assembly.
    I have no idea how to begin to search for the right ones. I emailed a company who said they have both and will give me a price tomorrow. Just want to make sure its a decent price
    warm air is being put out from fan, not the usually cold air. Plus I have no error codes on unit, an AquaComfort AC 1500. 7 tears old

2. Back To Top    #2

western NY

Re: Heater compressor capacitor

Any electrical supply house should have caps
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok. I was thinking more of an air conditioning firm. Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Re: Heater compressor capacitor Run Capacitor, 10 MFD, 440/370V, Round: Home Improvement

Here in FL unless you have an AC contractors license, AC supply houses won't sell to you over the counter.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

5. Back To Top    #5

Just ordered from HVAC. That cap was 15.00 and the other 46.00 I believe. No tax or shipping