Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Surf_ox redo

1. Back To Top    #1

Surf_ox redo

Ok here's the official numbers. The other thread I wasn't ready for specifics just yet. Just guidance on tendencies for pebble sheen surface.

I have a 13,000 gal pool on east side of house (full sun til 2pm) in Cypress, TX (will update sig once i find that link again)

Readings at 600p 8/13
    FC 1
    TC 7.6
    TA 90
    CH 420
    CYA 60
    TEMP 80
    Water Quality - Clear
    Filters cleaned this am.

using a K 2006 kit

were expecting a large amount of rain Saturday and Sunday (update got 4 inches of rain as of Sunday 8am and more to come)

My assumption on the SLAM is the large TC vs FC (pending bloom) from what I've read on here and want to stay ahead of it. I threw a gallon of bleach int there just to get some C in the water until i start the SLAM. I tested my fill (city) water and TC was 5 and FC was 0....is that normal????

Ive got 15 gal of 8.25% bleach on hand and ready to SLAM to get this right

I know the target FC numbers depend on CYA from chart...but what are other Pebble____ pool owners aiming towards??

opinions on the slam??

thanks

--------------

Don't ever hesitate to try something new. Remember amateurs built the ARK and professionals built the TITANIC.
    13K; IG Pebble sheen [4,5,4] with sun deck; 2hp pentair cleaning the water through a Clean and Clear Plus; 2hp pentair flowing the natural rock waterfall and 3/4 hp powering the 2011 Pentair legend (AKA "THE DUDE")

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Surf_ox redo

Just checked at 230p 8/14

FC 3
    TC 4

Cya 55ish

Looks like the filter clean and time has helped.

Still think the slam is necessary?

Going to test tonight for chlorine loss.

--------------

Don't ever hesitate to try something new. Remember amateurs built the ARK and professionals built the TITANIC.
    13K; IG Pebble sheen [4,5,4] with sun deck; 2hp pentair cleaning the water through a Clean and Clear Plus; 2hp pentair flowing the natural rock waterfall and 3/4 hp powering the 2011 Pentair legend (AKA "THE DUDE")

3. Back To Top    #3

I think you should tray a OCLT first... Look for it in pool school...
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Surf_ox View Post
    Just checked at 230p 8/14

FC 3
    TC 4

Cya 55ish

Looks like the filter clean and time has helped.

Still think the slam is necessary?

Going to test tonight for chlorine loss.

--------------

FC overnight loss would give you the answer.

I wonder what are you calling TC? K2006 measures FC and CC, TC is just sum of those 2, there's no direct test for it. Are you saying you have CC that high or you're using different test kit for TC? If the latter I wouldn't worry about it as the tests from different kits are usually not interchangeable.

K2006 & TF100 is notable exception of this inconsistency as test results from one kit can be compared with another.
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't recall any pebble___ product pool owners ever writing in here that they have to keep their FC at a lower level than we suggest for plaster pools. (Perhaps during the curing time only?)

Is your pool new?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    I don't recall any pebble___ product pool owners ever writing in here that they have to keep their FC at a lower level than we suggest for plaster pools. (Perhaps during the curing time only?)

Is your pool new?
    No it was built 2011. It's medium blue and I didn't want to turn it white. Ill post pics once the sun comes back out.

--------------

7. Back To Top    #7

The only thing that I would think that could turn it white was a build up of calcium.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by max2k View Post
    FC overnight loss would give you the answer.

I wonder what are you calling TC? K2006 measures FC and CC, TC is just sum of those 2, there's no direct test for it. Are you saying you have CC that high or you're using different test kit for TC? If the latter I wouldn't worry about it as the tests from different kits are usually not interchangeable.

K2006 & TF100 is notable exception of this inconsistency as test results from one kit can be compared with another.
    Re read my post and iPhone fat finger struck. I am using a k2005 not 2006.

This is how I'm getting the FC and TC numbers.

New kit not in budget right now until I'm back working. Thanks oil and gas downturn. Grrrrrrrr

--------------