orthofish's pool build,finally

MikeInTN said:
Ahhhh, good ol' middle Tennessee. Can't throw a rock without hitting another rock. :lol:

Looking really good, Lynn. When's the christening party?? :cheers:

Soon I hope Mike :party: I'm still trying to get my water chems perfect :-D Some friends were over Thursday and their 8y/o was in the pool for some time. Didn't complain of red eyes or itchy skin, and FC was probably around 16 8)

Thanks Mike

Lynn you sweet lady how are you 8)

I can just imagine how good it must be to be in your pool a warm evening with that scenery. People who live they way you do is lucky. But I guess there is a lot of work behind before you get lucky :cheers:

To mold in a rock like the one you have on the border of your decking brings so much personality to the whole pool I would love to have one myself, and as someone said it's a very good place to have a cold at :party:

Regards Mats

Well, here are some final pics till I can sow some grass this fall. I'm not going to attempt it this summer as we tend to have long droughts. I have too many other things to do besides water grass seed :-D

Concrete was finished Tuesday. Still a lot of little things to do around the pool. A friend of mine, who has really good artistic talent, is going to paint me some palm trees, mermaid, etc., on the ugly white storage cabinet. Then I've got to work on the building around my equipment.

One of my Border Collies became critcally ill Sunday and has been at the doggy hospital since then, so some of my extra stuff might have to wait a bit. $$$$$$$ Thought she got sick drinking pool water, but evidently that wasn't the case. She was on deaths door :cry: but is recovering slowly. But enough about that.
Here's some pics :whoot:

Attachments

• Finished Pool 004.jpg
    Finished Pool 004.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 593
  • Finished Pool 005.jpg
    Finished Pool 005.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 594
  • Finished Pool 006.jpg
    Finished Pool 006.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 594
Pics of deck jets, and my multi level jump rock :lol: Deck jets weren't tweaked on this pic, just turned on. With my pump on low speed and the jets turned all the way on, they still get into the pool, which makes me happy. Low speed, less $$$$$ :-D

I just want to thank everyone at TFP for helping me on this build :) I shutter to think what I might have ended up with if it weren't for everything I learned here before the build, and all the great advice I got during the build :goodjob: Hope I didn't worry y'all to death will all the questions :blah:

Now off to Testing and Balancing Your Water :lol:

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Finished Pool^ 002.jpg
    Finished Pool^ 002.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 591
  • Finished Pool 010.jpg
    Finished Pool 010.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 591
  • Finished Pool 012.jpg
    Finished Pool 012.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 595
wow! Wow! WOW!

The pool looks FAWESOME! 8)

I love how the bottom looks! :mrgreen:

Lynn, it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! :goodjob:

Sorry to hear about your dog :cry: I hope the full recovery is quick!

Is the water color ~ what you'd hoped for? (I think it looks Carabian gorgeous! )

About the grass, haven't y'all been getting drenched like the rest of us in the East? I'd throw down some grass seed, even if you can't water it with a hose, and see what comes up :p

How is the poochy baby doing?

I'm so happy to see you love your pool after taking a chance on the color! I love the blue green!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
waste said:
Lynn, it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! :goodjob:

Sorry to hear about your dog :cry: I hope the full recovery is quick!
Unfortunatly the recovery won't be as quick as the collapse was. She is doing much better though. Thanks for asking

Is the water color ~ what you'd hoped for? (I think it looks Carabian gorgeous! )
Yes. Carribean(-sp) Blue/green. I can change the color of it with the lights at night :-D

About the grass, haven't y'all been getting drenched like the rest of us in the East? I'd throw down some grass seed, even if you can't water it with a hose, and see what comes up :p
The soil you see it junk. I'd have to spread some topsoil first. And if we do get the downpours we've been getting, the topsoil would be at the bottom of my sloping yard :(
[

dlduvall said:
Orthofish,
Pool turned out AMAZING! :whoot: I love the color you ended up with. What a relaxing place with your view to gaze upon. Enjoy your summer! :cheers:
BTW, hope your doggy is okay.
Thaks dlduvall. My pooch is doing some better. Hope to get her home tomorrow, but not likely

Henry Porter said:
Lynn you sweet lady how are you 8)

I can just imagine how good it must be to be in your pool a warm evening with that scenery. People who live they way you do is lucky. But I guess there is a lot of work behind before you get lucky :cheers:

To mold in a rock like the one you have on the border of your decking brings so much personality to the whole pool I would love to have one myself, and as someone said it's a very good place to have a cold at :party:

Regards Mats
Thank you Mats. I'm proud that my rocks came from my farm. :) Can't wait to see more pics of your build.

Hi Lynn!
Have life changed the way you've planned beforehand now when you have water in your backyard :-D
I can't wait until I am where you are now, with a pool just outside the door :-D . It's funny how you immedialtely starts to think of next project once you have completed the one you currently working on. Or maybe that's just me :( I have promised myself and family that next summer shall be project free. See if I can hold that promise :cool:
Enjoy every minute Lynn I hope I can do the same next summer :wave:

regards
Mats

Henry Porter said:
Hi Lynn!
Have life changed the way you've planned beforehand now when you have water in your backyard :-D
I can't wait until I am where you are now, with a pool just outside the door :-D . It's funny how you immedialtely starts to think of next project once you have completed the one you currently working on. Or maybe that's just me :( I have promised myself and family that next summer shall be project free. See if I can hold that promise :cool:
Enjoy every minute Lynn I hope I can do the same next summer :wave:

regards
Mats
Thanks Mats. Lots more company now adays :-D
My thoughts of waiting till fall to finish my yard is changing. A friend of mine down the road does sod for a living. I'm going to get with him and see what I need to do to prep my yard. I'm really tired of the dirt.
Your tile is looking fabulous :goodjob: I can't wait to see that baby full of water. :whoot:

Thank you Hlemon. It was quite an experience, being my first pool an all. I'm really enjoying it even though our weather here in Tn. has been unseasonably cool lately :( It won't last long though.
Thanks for looking

doglover said:
Wow, I love your pool and the view you have is amazing.
Thank you doglover.

How is your baby doing?
I'm sorry to say she didn't make it. Was just too weak and was 12. Very sad :cry: Thanks for asking though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.