orthofish's pool build,finally

It's made by Crystal Palace Pool, in W.VA. I think.
Yea it's taking longer than I thought too. Pool was delivered June 2. The filling/backfilling took awhile. One has to keep up with the other. They've been dragging their feet though.
My concrete guy is waiting for them to install the deck jets so he can do his job :rant:
It's amazing the excuses they can come up with. I don't buy any of them. :evil:

They are in the process. Still not right :rant: I will make them fix it to suit me before it's over with.
I'll post some pics when I get home. It will be easier to explain with pics.
Thanks for asking :)

I see you're starting up. I may have missed something but was wondering if there are any updates and pics you could share.

I'm very excited to see the finish on your pool when it clears. I've never seen a pool finish like yours!

Hopefully, all is well with your pool. It can be very frustrating. I am hoping by doing mine myself, I can cut out the PB'er BS but I'm sure I'll gain some either way by someone along the way. :| Least I'll be the Boss. :mrgreen: :whip:

Casey said:
I see you're starting up. I may have missed something but was wondering if there are any updates and pics you could share.
I will post some updated pics tonight. I have some of the concrete done. Not all becasue stupid PB guys didn't have deck jets installed. :rant:

I'm very excited to see the finish on your pool when it clears. I've never seen a pool finish like yours!
I will try to capture the color of the water in a pic. It is blue with a little green tint to it.

Hopefully, all is well with your pool. It can be very frustrating. I am hoping by doing mine myself, I can cut out the PB'er BS but I'm sure I'll gain some either way by someone along the way. :| Least I'll be the Boss. :mrgreen: :whip:
I think I could have done the plulmbing myself and gotten it right the first time. With TFP support of course :lol:

Re: orthofish's pool/ Updates 6/26/09

Very hard to show the color of the water, but here goes. It was cloudy and sun was setting when I took these,
Bear in mind, I live in the sticks, slow DSL, loading pics takes me longer than the average bear :lol:
I am sooooo luvin' the conrete, even if it isn't all finished :party:

Attachments

• Pool June 26,2009 003.jpg
    Pool June 26,2009 003.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Pool June 26,2009 004.jpg
    Pool June 26,2009 004.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 303
  • Pool June 26,2009 001.jpg
    Pool June 26,2009 001.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 305

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have real steps :whoot: Well. only 1/2 of them, but I have lived here 15 yrs. and ex never got around to building back steps, except for those ugly blocks he stacked :grrrr: I'm almost as excited about that as the pool. Well, maybe not quite :-D

Attachments

• Pool June 26,2009 009.jpg
    Pool June 26,2009 009.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 302
Now, for the rocks. Here's what I'm thinking. Chime in if you have an opinion. Don't be shy :-D
I was thinking I would move the odd shaped one, looks like it has 3 levels, and make it my jump rock. Place it just like you are looking at it. Take the now jump rock and put it in the curve, kinda like a sitting rock. Where you see my boot is where I was thinking about putting it. What do y'all think :?: :?:

Attachments

• Pool June 26,2009 008.jpg
    Pool June 26,2009 008.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 301
  • Pool June 26,2009 006.jpg
    Pool June 26,2009 006.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Pool June 26,2009 005.jpg
    Pool June 26,2009 005.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 300
This bad boy ain't going nowhere :-D It was a bugger getting out of the woods. Had to put most of it off the concrete or you would have to climb over to walk around. :lol:

Attachments

• Pool June 26,2009 010.jpg
    Pool June 26,2009 010.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 299
Here's one other pic I just saw kinda showing the water color. Not sure when I took this. I only know it was after I worked my tail off cleaning it up :)

Attachments

• Pool June 26,2009 011.jpg
    Pool June 26,2009 011.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 298
Heckpools said:
looks great!

not sure if anyone mentioned this but, looks as if your booster pump is pulling water before its filtered?
It was before I had them change it :hammer: Oh Lawd, don't get me started on that :twisted:

i love your yard and view...

Thank you Heckpools. I think my landscaping is complete :-D

Wow! Everything is coming together beautifully!

You new jump rock is amazing. It kinda' looks like a loung chair from the side w/the three levels!
Also, I could see it being used as a time-out seat :shock: :mrgreen:

The new back steps are looking great, too!

And on top of all the new and wonderful things, you have one of the most gorgeous views! :-D

Great work and can't wait to see it all finished!!

Butterfly said:
Wow! Everything is coming together beautifully!

You new jump rock is amazing. It kinda' looks like a loung chair from the side w/the three levels!
Also, I could see it being used as a time-out seat :shock: :mrgreen:

The new back steps are looking great, too!

And on top of all the new and wonderful things, you have one of the most gorgeous views! :-D

Great work and can't wait to see it all finished!!

Thank you Butterfly. You're very kind. All I need now is the deck jets at the correct height(just another plumbing screwup) :evil: , and the concrete can be finished Monday :party:

When can I come over?! :mrgreen:

It looks great and yes, that rock looks like a great time out seat! :mrgreen:

I'd love to incorperate river rock into my pool build. I have a few big river rock as it is but would love to get my hands on a BIG OLE RIVER ROCK! 8) :shock: I'm talkin BIG! :lol:

Casey said:
When can I come over?! :mrgreen:
Anytime. Gonna take you awhile from PA :-D

It looks great and yes, that rock looks like a great time out seat! :mrgreen:
Glad you like it.

I'd love to incorperate river rock into my pool build. I have a few big river rock as it is but would love to get my hands on a BIG OLE RIVER ROCK! 8) :shock: I'm talkin BIG! :lol:

To bad you don't live close by. I've got some BIG rocks up in the woods. And I'm talking BIG :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.