orthofish's pool build,finally

View from the future "Redneck Lanai". :cheers: Minus the piles of dirt and 2 water tanks :)

My poor yard has really taken a beating. Not looking forward to getting it straightened out.
I have a neighbor down the road that does sod for a living. Might be giving him a visit :wink:

Attachments

• Backyard before 003.jpg
    Backyard before 003.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 843
  • Backyard before 004.jpg
    Backyard before 004.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 846
Not too much to update. I do have some water in the pool now. Only up to the bottom of the light. Reason being the electrical inspector has to view the inside of the light, I'm told :?: The electrician will do his thing tomorrow. The kicker will be getting the inspector out here. I've heard horror stories about how long they can take :whip:
I'm finding it very hard to get a picture to show the color of the water :? What is in there now is a green color. It might change when I get the pool completely filled. Maybe a little blue will come into it.
A small amount of Vastec coping was roughed in.
That's about it for now.

A few pics

Attachments

• Pool Day 7 005.jpg
    Pool Day 7 005.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 780
  • Pool Day 7 003.jpg
    Pool Day 7 003.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 781
  • Pool Day 7 002.jpg
    Pool Day 7 002.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 779
cobra46 said:
I hope the inspector gets out there soon so you can start circulating the water or you could end up with very green water.
You read my mind :( Inspector here sometime tomorrow. Hopefully pool is full Wed. and equipment running. Then I'll be in the balancing your water forum :lol:

Thanks Dave. My landscaping is already there. :-D
Hopefully will post more pics Wednesday.

Thanks Ted.
Yea, right now the water has more of a green(not algae) color to it. I'm hoping more blue comes into it when it is completely full.

Time for an update. Plumbing roughed in and pool is full. Water is very green since there has been no circulation :x
Pad and border was finally poured today. :whoot: I had to choose what colors I wanted in the border. The glass looks like jelly beans. The only pics of other borders were very neutral colors, and as usual I didn't want to do the norm :roll: So this was really a quess at what the end result would be. Since the water,I think, will be a green/blue I choose greens, browns, and some blue. The blue was a cobalt, though, which kinda stands out more than I care for. I'm not sure if I'm gonna love the end result, but it's done and I will have to live with it :eek: They will come back when the crete has cured and put a sealant on it.
Here's how it went down. Poured border, scattered glass, troweled glass into concrete to the point that it disappeared, waited about 30-60 mins, and lightly sprayed off the concrete to expose the glass.
Hindsite tells me maybe I should have thrown a little more browns in the mix :scratch:

Attachments

• Pool border 003.jpg
    Pool border 003.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 584
  • Pool border 002.jpg
    Pool border 002.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 583
  • Pool border 001.jpg
    Pool border 001.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 583
After being troweled in and then washed off.

Attachments

• Pool border 009.jpg
    Pool border 009.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 579
  • Pool border 008.jpg
    Pool border 008.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 581
  • Pool border 006.jpg
    Pool border 006.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 583
And last but not least, the pad. It is 6x8. I didn't want the plumbing in the concrete, but also didn't want it stubbed up in the front of my "future" building.
Every thing has it's own run and valve so as you can see I went with 1.5" returns and 2" suction.
Hopefully equipment wiil be on the pad tomorrow.
Electrician can't come back till Wednesday, unless he surprises me :eek:
After that, the journey to get this water turned to whatever color it is eventually going to be. :-D
I will post more pics here, but you will probably see me in the algae section quite a bit too 8)

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Pool border 010.jpg
    Pool border 010.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 578

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just another little update. Looks real nice, huh?? It's a shame that it's WRONG!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Some of you may have seen the little "Lynn Fit" being thrown in the plumbing section recently. :rant:
Hopefully my issues will be resolved very soon.
Electrician suppose to be here in the morning(I believe I've said that before) and I can finally get some water circulating. :party:
See ya in the algae section :lol:

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Plumbing 005.jpg
    Plumbing 005.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 504
  • Plumbing 004.jpg
    Plumbing 004.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 504
PaulR said:
You make me wish I didn't have a pool, so you could come build mine! The coping is just gorgeous.
--paulr
Thanks PaulR, I'm hoping it doesn't look too "gawdy." :roll:
Building this pool has really stressed me out cause, thanks to this forum, I really did my homework and kinda new what was going on and how I wanted things done.
TFP is the best :goodjob:

Mike, you need to do this. You could probably do most of the work yourself. I can come help you :lol: I've watched pretty much every move they've made, much to their dismay :mrgreen:

Thanks for the compliment.

Very nice work Lynn :goodjob:
I think you made the right decision to pour a concrete slab where you put your equipment. Will you build a roof over?
I will search for your post in the plumbing section to see what problems you've got with your plumbing. I'm sooo curious to see what will happen with your filter when you start the pump. I hope we don't have to clean them to often and that we made the right choice when we installed carts over sand :cheers:

//Mats

Henry Porter said:
Very nice work Lynn :goodjob:
. Will you build a roof over?
I will search for your post in the plumbing section to see what problems you've got with your plumbing. I'm sooo curious to see what will happen with your filter when you start the pump. I hope we don't have to clean them to often and that we made the right choice when we installed carts over sand :cheers:

//Mats
Thank you Mats. Hey, where are you're updates??????
Yes I hope to put a building around it. I'm thinking of rough cut lumber and a metal roof. Roof to maybe match my little tractor barn in the background. Pump started today. Got home and it was running. Have had no briefing on even how to turn it off or on. Will leave it running till they get here in the a.m. to redo my plumbing :) I think the filter started with 10PSI and is now at 14-15.Believe me, there is a lot of stuff in my pool. Concrete,rocks,little Jelly Bean glass,dirt, etc. Not to worry, I think we've done the right thing. No offense to owners of sand filters :wink:

Hi Lynn!
The sad thruth is that not much has been done with our project here lately, due to a lot of work with my job.
But....I'm about to get out in the yard after this reply and put up roof over the pool so I can start with the preparation for the tileing job next weekend.

To build in the equipment must be the right choice, have never understand why you let electrical equipment be exposed to various weather conditions when you pretty easily can protect it with a roof or a small building.

see ya 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.