Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: orthofish's pool build,finally

orthofish's pool build,finally

I am so glad I can finally post in this section The dig was Saturday 5/30/09. Pool was here Tueseday. Took them 3 hours to get it up my driveway But it's here and I am excited and nervous.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

Re: orthofish's pool build,finally

Very cool, keep the pictures coming. I would enjoy scenery like that. I can see what my neighbor is putting on his hamburger.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

Nice steps is the back,huh Soon will have some real ones. They had to walk this pool up a 1/2 mile driveway. They did well staying out of the hay field.
    More pic.
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

Thanks DaveNJ. I must admit, I have a pretty good view from my porch in the "holler" as we say in Tn.
    I'm going to try and post these pics in better order. Not use to posting. They are coming up backwards from what I'm wanting them to.

Here's a few more.
    Lynn

Someone help this country girl out. What does the box in attachments "place inline" mean?

Could that be how I get my pics to reverse order in my posts Ya think
    Lynn

These pics were taken right before dark today. Pool is in but no backfilling yet. The color is called Amber. Thought I would do something a little different. The water, I'm hoping, will be a bluish/green. Not algae green, a clean green I will take some more pics in the a.m. with the sun out. It's really not very impressive in these pics.
    I really wanted to get in there and get those tree limbs out this evening but didn't because it hadn't been backfilled any. My 130 lbs. probably wouldn't have shifted it any but didn't want to take the chance since it was level.
    Will be interesting to see what color the water looks like when full.
    Lynn

I haven't seen a color like that. Looking forward to pics with water, nice effect I'm guessing.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

I hope it works out. Quite an expensive chance I'm taking
    Pics of the pool color no better today. Very cloudy here. Hopefully they will start the backfilling and putting water in today. The sand and the water have to keep up with each other so the pool doesn't bow in or out. Mother Nature might help fill it by the looks of the sky

Will post more pics this evening I hope.
    Lynn

Keep em coming. (You can also use a free photohosting site like Photobucket - if you do choose the "large" size so they aren't too big).

How far is it from the house to the pool? Will you have a cabana or pool house/changing room possible bathroom? Just bein' nosy.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

Better get those leaves out!!! you might get algae

looks great
    happy swims
    Frank
    Hello all from the land of smiles. Thailand. 5mx9mx1.5 63000L 16300 gall, pebbletex,
    pentair 1hp whisperflow, tagelus TA60 SF, swg monarch esc24 {a bit small for the tropics} 3 returns, 1 skimmer, 2 astral 100watt lights. Planned and built by me
    an AUSSIE expat living thailand for 18 years.

Oooooh, lovely!! Don't you just LOVE getting stuff delivered to your doorstep?!! More pics, please! With that beautiful "holler" scenery around you...it'll be absolute bliss and you'll be so glad you put in the pool.
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

Not sure how to do the "quote thing".
    FPM- The pool will be 18' off the back of the house with concrete to the house and over to the carport. For you Florida people, my carport is going to be my "Redneck Lanai." I quess the changing room will be my house
    I really wanted to get those leaves out yesterday but I was afraid I would cause the pool to shift.
    Probably not since the pool weighs about 3,000 lbs. and I'm about 135
    I left the guys a note to get the debris out and wipe up any stains the leaves might have started.
    Thanks Pisces and Frank.

More pics to come
    Lynn

Lynn, your location is absolutely beautiful!

Can't wait to see that pool full of water
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

Thank you very much Butterfly. I hope more work was done today so I can post more pics. I have my doubts though, cause when I left for work around 10 there was nobody there
    Lynn

Very nice! I can't wait to see it with water. I bet you can't either
    FG Leisure Riviera Pool 30X15, 14 300 gallons, Sta-Rite 3/4 HP, Aqua Rite SWG, Kreepy Krawly.
    Beachcomber 360 Hottub, 345 gallons, UV Sanitization System.

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom

How far is it from the house to the pool? Will you have a cabana or pool house/changing room possible bathroom? Just bein' nosy.
    You can be as nosey as you want FPM.
    Lynn

Great pics! Keep 'em coming! We can feel your excitement and can't wait to see the photos you will have when its all done. Happy swimming!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

Sorry, no new pics. Got home today just in time to get in "empty" pool and clean out the tree limbs and leaves before a really bad storm hit. No work done today and I'm quite disappointed cause it didn't rain till around 6. They're suppose to be here in the a.m. rain or shine. We shall see
    The rain did put a small amount of water in the deep end and it is a light brown I think the rain managed to wash the dust off that had gathered on it between the ride from W.VA.(hey WV girl) and especially from the ride up my driveway I truely hope this is not the eventual color.
    Hopefully more pics tomorrow.
    Thanks to everyone following this thread. You guys and gals are the bomb

Oh, I now have a sig
    Lynn

Can't wait to see what it looks like filled up! 8)
    ❄Closed❄
    24' Sharkline
    Solid Cover
    ❄⛄❄⛄❄⛄❄

Thought I would try to show my intentions since it is a rainy day today and no progress.
    The pool is 18' from the house and 12' from the carport. Probably should have come off the house further since there will be steps from the edge of the double door(which has no steps!!) to the end of the porch. They will take away some space from that area The concrete at the end of the carport will curve to join the 6' of concrete around the pool.
    I will put a ceiling fan on the carport and maybe with some furniture it won't look too bad. The carport was a later addition to the house and I have always thought it was bu__ ugly It has served its purpose though and will be the only shade other than my porch.
    I have spotted some good size rocks up in the woods that I might try to drag down and scatter around the pool. Need to steal that bobcat. Decorations will be sparse as I am a poor country girl
    Any suggestions appreciated.
    Lynn