Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with motor replacement and 2 speed upgrade

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with motor replacement and 2 speed upgrade

My Waterway CHAMPS 115 pump motor after nine years is about on it last leg. Noise, whine....you know the drill. Looks like the replacement motor is the standard B2853, and is an easy cheap fix with a gokit. I would LIKE to go to a 2 speed motor. My timer is Intermatic PF1102MF digital. Both pump and Salt Generator run 220v on the same switch. Question...is there a direct replacement, 2 speed motor, and if so, can I use my existing timer?
    As always, thanks so much in advance for all the expert assistance!! Looking forward to all responses!
    Sami
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with motor replacement and 2 speed upgrade

Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com

Try this company ^^^ They have awesome cust. service and really seems to know their stuff. You might have to talk to a couple of people to get to the right one.......Have pictures ready to email them if needed.

Tell them TFP sent you for the white glove treatment.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Samiguy, which pump did you use? My pump was submerged in a flood 2 years ago. It's noisy, and won't hot start anymore.
    Austin, TX
    17,000 gallon pool
    In ground.
    Concrete.
    Crystal Water DE Filter - 48 sq ft.

4. Back To Top    #4

I ended up getting a whole pump...price was about the same. I got the Waterway Champs 215. Put it in yesterday and really like the solution! Very quiet and now saving a ton on energy cost.
    Sami
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

5. Back To Top    #5

Great follow up! I would like to hear the difference you see in the power bill with this.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit