Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is this???? Please

1. Back To Top    #1

What is this???? Please

We have tried alage remover, for black algae and so far nothing is happening.

Is this maybe just a stain of the concrete?

Any thoughts or suggestions please...Thanks so much
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In ground pool and was built in 2000 and is concrete I am guessing. It measures 14.5 wide and 24 long. It is not square nor rectangular. I have pictures if needed and can always take more. It is a Pentair system with propane heater Purex Triton, with Pentair filter ( cartridge) with a 1.5 hp sf1.1 pump( that is getting replaced) Will be new Pentair vs pump/motor 342000/01( on it's way here now) and test kit TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: What is this???? Please

Might be calcium scale...certainly not sure. We are only guessing wildly.

If you can post a set of test results, that will be very helpful.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Okay got the resluts..Hope I did this correctly

CL=5
    BR=10
    FC=10
    CC=1
    TC=11

CH=425
    TA=50
    CYA=90

Thanks for helping me out with this
    In ground pool and was built in 2000 and is concrete I am guessing. It measures 14.5 wide and 24 long. It is not square nor rectangular. I have pictures if needed and can always take more. It is a Pentair system with propane heater Purex Triton, with Pentair filter ( cartridge) with a 1.5 hp sf1.1 pump( that is getting replaced) Will be new Pentair vs pump/motor 342000/01( on it's way here now) and test kit TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

You have a chlorine pool I take it? So ignore the Bromine side of the block.

Have a pH to share with us?

Do you put any algaecides or metal containing products in the pool?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Okay sorry, cant read my chicken scratch...

PH=6.8

I just recently put an alage fighting thing in as thought it was black algae..Now I know it is looking like lack of calcium pitting

Thanks again for the help all

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks like extensive copper staining. The turquoise is one form of copper; the gray and black are another copper compound.

7. Back To Top    #7

Any suggestions to clean this up. I mean it is clean water but just so unsightly.

Thanks

8. Back To Top    #8

Copper staining that bad is not easy to clean.
    How old is the plaster?
    What is the original color of the plaster?
    Try scraping off the top layer with a wood chisel to see what the plaster looks like under the staining. Don’t gouge the plaster. Just do a nice, clean, thin scrape. It will leave a mark, so don’t do it anywhere a mark will look bad.