Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Losing water

1. Back To Top    #1

Losing water

I have an above ground pool and I'm losing 2-3 inches of water a day . Looked for a leak in the Liner with goggles and food coloring checking any spot that looked as if it could have been a leak . No luck finding one though. Any suggestions . Does this find a leak fix a leak product I've seen work on a liner hole ?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Losing water

Any wet spots around the base or equipment of the pool?

If you didn't refill the pool as it drops its level down, eventually it should stop at the level of any hole/rip on the sides.....sometimes that makes it easier to find.

Short read--> Pool School - Leak Detection
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah I always have a few damp / muddy spots around one edge , I've let it go below the skimmer .. I was told if I lost all my water the walls would collapse is this true ?

4. Back To Top    #4

No, you wouldn't want it to go *that far*....interrupt the loss before it got that bad. But sometimes just watching a day or so guides you to where to look if the water were to *stop* lowering.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Any idea if that find a leak fix a leak would work ? I've read a couple reviews where people have used it on liners and it worked . Then some said it wasn't ment for the liner

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about that product.