CC test question with TF100...I'm confused

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
OK...I thought I had my testing down to a science but something strange happened tonight

Had a friend over...we got talking on the new pool deck...etc so I wanted to show off the TF100...I test for FC (FC=7)...water turns clear...then add 5 drops of r003 and water stayed clear...I say, see dude I have 0 CC's hence my water is very safe and will not smell like chlorine...note, I forgot to dump my test

5 min later my buddy turns around and says..."D...you have CC's" Huh...the water turned slightly pink :shock: ...so I added 1 drop of r871 and the water goes clear (phew...only 0.5CC)...then 5 mins go by and it's turning pink again :hammer: (note...I swirl 10-15 seconds after each drop added)

So what gives...do I in fact have over 0.5CC's and hence need to shock...or is this a common reagent reaction?

Thanks

FYI - full results are

FC 7
CC - Not sure now...I thought 0???
CYA 60
PH 7.4
TA 90
Borate 50
Salt 3200

Jason...A big thank you :goodjob: ...so zero CC it is
:party:
I know someone here was recently not saying good words about the Mod's :blah: , but you guys are truly a helpful bunch and I just want to let you know that I appreciate this great service you provide :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.